Monday, July 20, 2015

Hermana Sager is in Hemet!

Sid is finally in mission mode.  We received an email from President Mullen a few days after she arrived in Riverside. He said he was impressed by her testimony and willingness to serve.  We all know Sid and how amazing she is. The people of the Riverside  mission  are so lucky to have my girl. But I am her mother, I may be a little bit biased. 
Sister Mullen, Hermana Sager and President Mullen


On Saturday Evening I got a great surprise.   A member from Hemet emailed me a picture of her and her new companion.  I hadn't heard yet where she was serving, so it was nice to hear where she had landed.  
Hermana Sager and Hermana Rutheford @ the Hemet Stake Pioneer Celebration

Letter from July 20

Hi everyone!

I'm in California. I'm in Hemet. (That name reminds me of a turtle) and I love it here! If I were to try to describe this place, I would say that it's like a town that you would drive through to find a bathroom or food when you're on a road trip. It doesn't have the greatest scenery, there's nothing super to it. It's just a pass through town, but I get to live in it. How cool. But the people here make up for how it looks. And maybe the rain that I was told I would never see here while make things a little more green at least. It has rained the past 2 days, and we are told that it might rain again today. So that's weird and cool. Anyways, the people here are so awesome! They don't laugh at me when I speak Spanish to them, and they are so kind and caring. I think I'm gonna like it here. 

My new companions name is Hermana Rutherford. She is from Seattle, Washington. She's really cool, and we get along well. She has taught me so much, and I'm grateful for her. My companion from the MTC, is still right here with me too though. We live in the same apartment complex, and her area is just right next to ours. So we still see her a lot. I think that's awesome. 

So far, I have taught a few lessons a day, contacted random people in front of their houses, attended a whole 3 hours of completely Spanish church, and prayed a lot. Prayer is so important. As we communicate with God through prayer, he communicates back through the Spirit, the Prophet and Apostles, our church leaders, our families, our friends, the scriptures, and so much more. If God is communicating with us in so many ways, why is is so hard for us to remember to pray to him everyday? Through faithful prayer, you can access a higher relationship with our Heavenly Father, which you will better be able to recognize blessings with. I know that God answers our prayers, and that he always wants the best from us. He wants to hear from you. So, remember to pray to him daily. 

I hope that you're summers are all going well! 
Love, 
Hermana Sager

**If you are interested in sending Sid anything Her address is: 

Sister Sidney Ann Sager
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504  

Any letters sent will be forwarded to her address where she is serving.
Packages will also be forwarded if they are sent  USPS Priority Mail. 

Thanks to all of you that have taken interest in Sid's mission experience.   



No comments:

Post a Comment