Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hermana Sager actually knows some Spanish now.

Letter From June 16.

Yes, you read the subject line correctly. I actually know some Spanish now. You would be surprised how much easier talking to people is when you actually know their language. 

First of all, I need to ask a very serious question: Did you know that in Mexico, Dora teaches kids English? I freaked out about this for like 10 minutes. Since I can't YouTube it, I would hope that most of you are curious enough to now do so yourself. That was probably the most important thing I learned this week... Just kidding. 

So, the CCM here is a 90 Acre property, with a solid fence topped off with barbed wire. Sounds awesome right? Well I've been here for 2 weeks now, and have been wanting to know whats on the opposite side of the terrifying fence. Today I finally got to go outside the fence, I didn't get eaten by any grievers. The city is so awesome!! So colorful. As we were riding in a big yellow bus that says CCM MEXICO on it, we saw actual real life missionaries on the street. It was so fun! We all got really excited and then a little freaked out, because that will be us soon. We were on our way to the temple. Except the temple is closed, so we were on our way to the visitors center. We got to take a tour of the visitors center, go to a little store, and then take pictures in front of the temple. 

While on tour of the visitors center, we watched a video about families. It's one that I had seen before at Temple Square. I don't know if the exhibit is still there, but a few years ago, Jenae (Brett) Barnes, as a missionary, walked our family through the rooms playing different parts of the video in each room. Before we started watching the video, they told us not to think about our families, and to think about the people we will soon be teaching... Well of course the only thing I wanted to think about after being told that was my family. I started crying during the movie because I miss my family, and then kept crying because I can't imagine not being able to be with them forever. I am so grateful for the opportunity to live with my family forever. It makes me so sad that not everyone knows that they can do so too. As I am inviting others to come unto Christ, I will make sure they know that they can be sealed together as a family in the Lord's temples FOREVER. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given us the chance to live with him and our families after we leave earth. 

One other thing I want to share with you guys is something that Elder Richard G. Scott said about Prayer. He addresses that we should focus on changing for asking what you want, to asking for what He wants for you. If you ever feel like your prayers have not been answered, you can look in sections 6,8, and 9 in the Doctrine and Covenants. When we feel that our prayers are not answered, it is a way of teaching us to exercise our faith in God. You cannot sit passively waiting for an answer. Work for your answer. You will often get promptings leading to a step-by-step process where you can then find your answer. 

You guys are all awesome. 
Hermana Sager
Mexico City Temple

Hermana Sager and Hermana Babb outside the Mexico city Temple




No comments:

Post a Comment