Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My investigator is so good, she's already baptized.

Letter from July 27

So for this weeks email, I had a funny story to tell you guys. But then something better happened yesterday, so I will tell both stories. 

Saturday, we were doing some walking around one of the neighborhoods. There was a lot of people outside, and so we were able to talk to quite a few families. We were talking to this couple, and then a small old asian man walks by behind us. At the exact moment that he walks behind us, we had finished the conversation with this couple.. So we start walking alongside this man. He was nice, and we were just asking him about why he walks around the neighborhood everyday. When I tried awkwardly to transition the conversation to something about our message, talking about God, he looked at me, saw my name tag and then "No thanks." So he started walking faster, but we were following him for a while. It was so funny. 

Trying to find a way to relate every conversation to the gospel somehow is so hard, but probably one of the funnest things. 

So that was an abbreviated story, since I have a bigger and better one to tell. So I'm pretty sure I brought up Alma last week. She was the first person I taught after getting to California. She accepted a date to be baptized on the 16th of August. She was so excited, and had her baptismal date written down in a few different places. So she came to church with us yesterday, to continue to prepare for her baptism, and it was so awesome. It was so cool to see her sitting in sacrament, trying to sing the Hymns. On our way from the chapel, to class, Alma turns to Hermana Rutherford and says, "There's something I need to tell you that I didn't before at my house" (but in spanish) and so after that, she says, "I've been baptized." Ha. What. My investigator is so good, she's already baptized. When I found this out, I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I laughed almost all day. We thought she was such a good investigator, and now she's already a member. Funniest thing. How bout this too... A few years back, she had missionaries at her house every Friday for 2 years straight. I don't know how this didn't get brought up in conversation ever either. So good. So, we're hoping to re-activate her and then even get her to the temple. Because we're still not giving up on her. 

I hope you enjoyed that story. Just picture me giggling for a whole day, and it will add some more to it. 

Enjoy the rest of the your summers! 
You're all awesome, and God loves you so much. 


Hermana Sager


I found these cute pictures on the Mission blog. If you are interested in reading the Riverside Mission blog  follow this link
http://downbythecaliforniariverside.blogspot.com/ 


Sid and The CCM Hermana's arriving in Cali on July 14.

Hermana Babb (CCM companion), Hermana Rutherford (Hemet Companion) Hermana Sager
at orientation day luncheon.

This is Sid's apartment. 

**If you are interested in sending Sid anything Her current address is: 

Sister Sidney Ann Sager
1972 W Acacia #69
Hemet, California 92545

Packages should be sent  USPS Priority Mail. 




No comments:

Post a Comment