Tuesday, August 18, 2015

2 MONTHS!!!

Letter from August 3


Hi Everyone!

I have officially been gone for 2 months. Time is going by so fast, but everything is so awesome. 

I had my first baptism yesterday! His name is Rogelio, and he's 10 years old. He's the cutest little kid ever. It was such a cool experience, and I'm so ready to just go baptize everybody. I want everyone to know about the blessings they can receive from following our Savior's example. 

So, since I've only been learning Spanish for 2 months, it's still tricky to say everything I want to. I can understand almost everything everyone is saying during church and lessons... But I have no idea what people are saying all the time during conversations still. And people are starting to notice. I've had a few missionaries and a couple members tell me not to be afraid of speaking Spanish. And of course I didn't think I was afraid until after they told me. So today, during my study time, I studied about having courage. I started out by asking myself "What am I afraid of?" I found some help to answer my questions in 1 John 4:18. It says "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear." So.. what I took from this is that I have to love perfectly. Our atleast try as much as I can. If I am loving the people I am teaching, serving, befriending, or working with, then I won't be afraid to talk to them. I know that this can be true in any situation. When you love God with all your heart, and love all the people around you, then you will not find fear in anything! The promises that are given to us in the scriptures are so amazing. 

One last thing I want to tell you about for today, is something that happened while contacting people on the streets. We were talking to this family who was visiting their family. They were from Missouri and Tennessee. There was a little lady from Tennessee, and she was just talking, and then she goes "Hey Gene! I'm fixin' to freak 'em out!" She said this with her raspy, but squeeky voice with a southern accent. It was so great. She thought it was so important to tell us that her babysitter when she was younger was some huge country singer, that neither of us had ever heard of. Anyways. Just a random story for you, that I hope you enjoy. 

I love you all so much, and you're awesome. 
Hermana Sager

Here's us at Rogelio's baptism

Here's us at a bowling alley today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment