Monday, August 31, 2015

Lil' blessin's

Letter from August 24.

There are so many little blessings that happen every single day. 

This week, we taught a little lady named Maria. She is very catholic, so walking into her house was similiar to walking into a cathedral. Ok, maybe not that intense. But she was so sweet. We had been talking about Christ, and then we wanted to leave her with a pamphlet of the Restoration. This pamphlet has a picture of Christ on the front of it. When we handed her the pamphlet, she just smiled and hugged it. I almost shed a small tear. She was so grateful to receive such a simple little gift. As she gave the closing prayer, she started listing off the things that she was grateful for and started crying. She felt so blessed to have all the things that she does. She was grateful that we were willing to talk to her about Christ. I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, loves all of us so much. Through our faith in him, we are able to see so many blessings every single day. Through the restored gospel, we are given more of the blessings that are promised to us, as long as we are faithful in keeping the commandments and covenants as we have promised. 

I'm so grateful for all of you. 

Always have faith in our Savior and our Heavenly Father, and you will be able to see the smallest little blessings. You will also be able to share these blessings with those around you. 

Love,
Hermana Sager

A few words from our family letter. 


I don't remember this week. All the days went by so so fast. So I will either make stuff up, or remember. But either way you won't be able to know the difference. 

So I have finished my first whole transfer in California! Transfer calls happened on Saturday. I am staying in Hemet for at least another transfer to finish my training with THE Hermana Rutherford. She's so great. But I already decided I don't like transfers. I made so many wonderful missionary friends and now they're all leaving. I told them goodbye forever today. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to say goodbye to all the members and investigators I have gotten to know. I'm never leaving Hemet. #Hemet5ever    I love it so much. If my personality and person were to be a city, it would be Hemet. One of the funniest things about this place is this thing called Hemet Grass. Since it's so hot and dry here, people have little rocks cemented into the ground, and then painted green. It's so awesome. I'm hoping to get a picture laying in the Hemet grass one day. So hopefully that happens. 

The other week, I had 6 tacos in one day... 3 for lunch, and 3 for dinner. The other night, I also had 6 or 7 tacos in one day. All for dinner. I was moderately dying. They tasted so wonderful, but my stomach just wasn't that big. Especially because I had a bowl of soup before that too. And then a fruit cup and cookies after the tacos. These weren't just regular tacos either... They were tacos de papa. So there was just mushed baked potatoes in fried tortillas that you would put sour cream, cabbage, cheese, and salsa on them. They were super good. But not 6 or 7 at a time. I lost count. But the Hermana was like, "You guys have to eat all of these tacos" when there's a HUGE thing of them on the table. It was rough. But so great because the members are too good to us. I have also eaten fish for like the first time while being here. And I've had juice of every kind. People think it's okay to make juice out of everything. I'm not a fan of oatmeal juice or cucumber juice. Or other ones that area  spanish word that I don't know how to say. But I just swallow it anyways because the members are so kind and I love them all. 



This is an older pic that Sid sent of her at the baseball game.
Hermana Sager and Hermana Rutheford at the Lake Elsinore Storm Game

I hope you all have enjoyed Sid's letter for this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment