Thursday, December 3, 2015

Ha nacido un Salvador

Letter from Nov 30

So the new video that came out? A Savior is Born. Pretty cool! We have been talking about it coming out for weeks, and it finally happened! We had been told that it had already been shared on Facebook in a bunch of different places even after being released just a few days. It has such a power message about the birth of Christ. I love it because it comes straight from the scriptures. I know that no matter the language, or the country, the birth of the Savior is just as powerful and important any where you go. 

We have been inviting members to think of people that they can share the video with. What the goal is, is to have members invite friends and family into their homes to watch the video for a Family Home Evening type of thing. I know that the powerful testimony of the birth of our Savior is a message that will touch the heart of anyone and everyone. I invite you to think of people specifically that you could invite to watch the video with you. It could be a way of sharing the love of God with others and possibly sparking interest in learning more about the steps that are needed in order to live with our Heavenly Father and Savior again. Pray to think of the people that the Lord is preparing. Share the love and the true meaning of Christmas. You're all great. 

This week we had a lesson by a fire. It was really cool. And really cold. It was 45 degrees and the fire started dying towards the end. But we taught la Restauracion. or if you can't tell, the Restoration. The restoration is really fun to teach, because each time we have to teach in a way that the person will understand. It's fun trying to understand exactly what parts need to be focused on more. The lesson by the fire went really well! The investigator understood everything and was really grateful for everything that we had taught. We invited him to be baptized, and he said he wants to follow Christ, but doesn't want to because he knows his wife wouldn't want to leave their religion. That's always a tricky situation. But maybe sometime in the future, he will have another opportunity to be baptized if he's really not ready now. We're still just working to find new people to teach. We've found a lot of interested people, but they're just not ready to change, or they are a little lazy to actually meet with us and do the things we invite them to. But that's okay. We'll find the ones who are really ready if we keep working. 

This week I focused on Mormon 9:27. " 27 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him."   I chose this scripture as a reminder to focus on listening to the words of the Lord. If I have any questions or anything that I need to know, all I need to know is ask Heavenly Father. We cannot doubt. We have to continue faithful, and believing in everything that we have learned. I need to remember to come unto the Lord with all my heart. I know that if I do so, we can find the people that we really need to be working with. I know that I will be able to learn the things that will best help me and that Heavenly Father wants me to learn. I am so grateful for all that I have learned, and for the scriptures. 

So this week, I will hit my 6 month mark. Super weird! I can't believe how fast time goes by. I hope you are all doing well, and you are enjoying your time during the holiday seasons! 

Love,
Hermana Sager

You can watch the video Sid is talking about by clicking here
https://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=email-IM_Christmas_112915_Image

If you would like to send Sid a Christmas card or handwritten letter her address is:
We would really love it if she could feel the love from home this Season!!!

Sister Sidney Sager
2088 east Lakeshore Dr. #717
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530


Sid's having trouble uploading pics so I thought I'd just add a few pics  from before she left

Love this Girl!!!! 

The night she opened her call.
She was so excited to find out she was serving the in California Riverside mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment