Thursday, December 17, 2015

You're All Great!!

Letter from Dec 7

Sorry, no time for a group email today. But just wanted to remind you that you're all still so great and that my love for you is still the same amount.

How has it been trying to find people to share the "A Savior is Born" video with?
What have been some of your experiences?

Love you all!
Hermana Sager

Since Sid didn't have time for a group email ill give you some of our family email

It's December, and I love Christmas. I love it so much. It's so fun. It's so warm. It's so homey. It's so family-y. It's so lovey. It's so great. Especially when you are focusing more on the birth of our Savior. 

This week we had two different activities to get everyone in the Christmas spirit. One of them, was a little musical that the stake put on. The other was the first presidency Christmas devotional. If you didn't get to watch that last night, it's online, so you can watch it tonight for a Family Home Evening type of thing. It was really really good. Really short and powerful, and the music was wonderful! I loved all the talks, and they are great examples of how to remember Christ for Christmas. The musical that the stake put on was super good. 

So in our mission, we have the rule that we need to walk 1 1/2 hours everyday, or 7 hours per week. There were a couple days this week where we didn't have enough time to finish our 1 1/2. So there were 2 days were we walking over 2 hours to make up the lost time. It was a lot of energy, and our legs and feet were more tired than usual. But we saw such blessings from being obedient to fit in all the walking time for the week. One day we talked to 32 people during our walking time, and found some that were interested in having us back. It was super great! Also, we were able to find 7 new investigators for the week. I'm super excited to continue working with them, and to really help them to progress towards baptism. The whole mission has been struggling with helping investigators to progress, so that is something we are trying to focus on. It's just hard because a lot of the people we're working with right now only want to meet with us once a week. We're also trying to change that. 

This week I focused on Enos 1:4. 
 4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
When we put all our heart and efforts into our prayers, we really do have power to reach the heavens. We need to remember to pray to our Heavenly Father all the day long, and then again when the night comes. I have learned so much about the power of prayer, and I am so grateful for the role it plays in missionary work. Thank you for your prayers. Keep praying with faith for the things that you need help with, and I know that God will help you. 


Thank you for everything. You're all great. 
LOVE YOU!!!!
les amo. 
con amor,
Sid. 


Sid and her Cute new Companion Hermana Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment