Thursday, December 17, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

Letter from Dec 14

As we, Hermana Gomez and I, have been working together, and trying to be exactly obedient, we have been able to see the blessings that the Lord has for us and our area. We were able to find 11 new investigators this week from walking and talking, referrals, and former investigators. With each person, we have showed them the video of a Savior is Born. The message of the Saviors birth is so powerful, and reaches out to each person in an individual way. We will be focusing more now on how to work with each person to really help them progress. We had some more help from members this week, so we are going to keep working in the way that we have, and fixing still the things that we need to do better.

So I want to share with you some of the experiences I have had while sharing the video with others. We had showed up at a girls house this week that we hadn't been able to set up a time with. When we showed up, she had just like 15 minutes that we could talk with her. At the beginning, she was very frustrated and stressed. You could tell that she wanted us to talk fast so that we could leave. Throughout the video, and after, she had changed. She was calm. She was interested. She felt the converting power of the Spirit. She desired to learn more and really discover why the birth of our Savior is important to her and her life. She had invited us back to talk with her more about the Restoration. The video really does have such a power that works differently with each person. As you continue to share the video with your friends and families, invite them to discover why the Savior's birth is important to them.

The Saviors birth is important to me, because I now have a perfect example to follow. I have been baptized, I can repent, I can continue exercising faith, I can live with my family forever in God's presence if I continually learn the reasons why the Savior's birth is important to me. I am so grateful for everything that Christ did for us, and for all that he continues to do for us. Because He was born, I can have hope. You can have hope.

Love you all!
Hermana Sager


Few things from our family letter.

This week, Hermana Gomez was cooking something. I don't know what it was, but it started smoking, so we opened the door to the little porch for a while at lunch. Then we closed the door and went out to work for the door. When we came back home at night, I knelt down in my spot before praying to start planning. Well when I kneeled down, there was a rabid lizard on the floor like a foot and a half away from me. I was terrified. IT HAD BEEN INSIDE ALL DAY. At least I saw it. It was close to the door, and I panicked. Hermana Gomez was in the bathroom and so I didn't know what to do. I went and grabbed a cup and planned to catch it, but then I decided that my hand was going to get to close to it and it would climb up my arm. So then I got a chair and stood up on there, still just with a cup in my hand. Then I had a lightbulb over my head, and I remembered we had a broom. So I grabbed the broom, opened the door, and just swept the little guy right out. He was safe, I was safe, and Hermana Gomez didn't hear a thing. So moral of the story: Don't enter into to places or situations where you don't belong, because you'll just get swept out. But then I guess getting swept out is better than staying in where you don't belong.. Somehow the little lizard story can be related to the gospel and our standards. When you figure it out, you can let me know. It's really fun. I've learned how to relate many things to the gospel when talking to people off the street, so I thought that I would share my experience and let you try it.

This week I focused on Moroni 7:46

 46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—

As I continue working every single day, I need to cleave unto charity. Cleave is such a powerful word, and it takes a lot of work. But if I rely completely on the Lord and try to listen closely to the promptings of the spirit, I will be able to love all those that I am working with. I will be able to rely and trust in the fact that if I have charity and love for the people, then the Lord will allow everything to work out that he has planned.






Sid finally got her  SD card working again  so she sent several pics. 





Hermana Sager with Lake Elsinore in the back ground.



Hermana Sager and Hermana Gomez
Looks like H.Gomez has grown a little this week.





The Hermanas and The Sisters of Lake Elsinore on Thanksgiving morning.
(for SLC People notice the Tville Sweatshirt.)This girl an the boy in the front  are from
SLC and were visiting family in Sids area.  They are 2nd cousins of the Ivins family, friends of ours.
What a small world we live in. It was fun for Sid to have connection from home!


No comments:

Post a Comment