Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Sasquatch found in Idyllwild!!!!!!!

Letter from Oct 26

If you ever get a chance to come to this part of California, head over to the San Bernardino National forest. It was really nice! The two zones serving in Hemet went on a hike this morning. It was so fun! I didn't know there was parts of California that kinda looked like Utah. I loved it. I brought along a Sasquatch call that my family sent me, and I'm pretty sure it worked. I heard three calls and two knocks. Sasquatch lives. (If you look closely enough at the picture, you can see the call around my neck)


Tres Hermana en una montana

She's SQUATHCY!!
Okay, so while being here, I have eaten more salmon, peanut butter, bananas, and cottage cheese than I ever have in my whole life. The other night, one of the members fed us each a whole salmon each, I think. It was a lot, but I still ate it all. The Vielma family in our ward always make sure we know what rule #5 of being a missionary is... Eat all the food you are given, until you literally cannot eat any more. I don't know what they have down for the first 4 rules, but rule #5 is a tricky one. 

This week, I got a few compliments from members that made me feel pretty good. While teaching one of the ladies for the first time, she stops me in my thoughts and just says. "You speak spanish very well." But in spanish of course. It made me feel like all the hard work and throwing myself out there has paid off. I just open my mouth and Heavenly Father puts words in there. The gift of tongues is so real. But that just made me feel comfortable with how my spanish has been coming along. Of course I still have sooo much more to learn, but she said that I have a nice accent, and just speak well. Then, like 2 nights later at dinner, one of the members told me that I should be a Spanish teacher. Maybe I need to rethink my whole life. Maybe I need to grow up and be a spanish teacher. I don't know. I'll figure that out later. 

Also  this week, we had a good amount of less active members show up to church. When I saw a few of them walk into the chapel I almost started crying. It was so amazing to see them back in church and happy. One of the members hasn't been going to church for a long time, and it was so good seeing him at church. Missionary work is so amazing. It involves so many people, and every member is a missionary. I encourage you to make friends with anyone that you know that has not been coming to church lately. You don't have to force them to do anything, but just by being a friend and a good example, I know that you can help them to recognize God's love, and the importance of going to church every week to take the Sacrament and learn of Christ's teachings. Just do you, and be a good example. 

The scripture I chose this week was D&C 100:5-6.
5:Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts and you shall not be confounded before men;
6: For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. 
This scripture helps me to have confidence. I know that I can trust in Heavenly Father for everything. Especially when talking with and teaching others. Heavenly Father knows exactly what they need to hear, and I am just a little tool in His hands to help the people hear what they need to. I know that if I truly desire to invite all to come unto Christ, and just open my mouth, then I will know what needs to be said. You can do that too. Next time you feel like someone needs some talking to.... Just do it. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween weekend. If you dress up all nice then you can send me a picture of your costume. I love getting pictures from all of you! 

Love, 
Hermana Sager

No comments:

Post a Comment