Wednesday, October 7, 2015

4 Months down!

Letter from Oct 5

I have officially been away from home for 4 months and 2 days. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by! With 1 transfer in Mexico with Hermana Babb, and 2 transfers in California with Hermana Rutherford, I am now in a trio with both of them! It's going to be so much fun, and we have big plans to get a lot of work done. 

I am starting to understand a lot more of how to talk during dinner conversations. I am learning little jokes and sayings that I can throw in whenever I feel they fit. Except some of the sayings are really sassy so I need to be careful. But I feel like I am starting to develop closer relationships with the members. I love serving in the little Ramona Ward in cute Hemet. The people are so great, and have offered me a place to stay when I come back to visit. So that's nice. 

I have learned the importance of every member being a missionary. Missionaries are just serving in the wards, and trying to help the members to strengthen their own ward. This is important as we try to involve the members more in the process of learning. The investigators need friends at church to help them feel comfortable and to learn. As we, as members, share our love for the gospel and the love that God has for all his children, then those who are not members will be able to recognize God's love. When you recognize God's love, you will better understand why he has given us the gospel and the example of His Son. If we live the gospel by following Christ's example, we won't have to worry about too much else. 

Heavenly Father loves you. I love you. I hope you all enjoyed Conference and learned a lot. 

So how was General Conference?! For me it was so good. I don't think I've ever learned so much from conference. But then again I don't know how seriously I've ever watched all 4 sessions. But it was really good! Watching it in the church helped a lot with being able to pay attention and feeling the spirit to help me learn. I even cried 2 times during the conference. Once when we sang We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet, because it was so powerful and sooo many people are singing about one very cute old man. And the other time was when that very cute old man was talking. He's just so cute, and then he started getting all sad looking. I was afraid he was going to fall over, but his talk was still so powerful. I love President Monson and know that he is a prophet of God. But I learned a lot about what I need to do to convert myself, and how can I more fully submit myself to Heavenly Father's will.Let me know if there is anything specific that you want me to tell you all about! 

love, love, love,
Hermana Sager


HERMANA POWER!!!!

​The missionaries who have been serving in the Ramona Ward. 

Ever heard of a Polar Pop? When I first heard about them, I thought it was a popsicle. Definitely not a popsicle. It's just an extra large sized soda that only costs 89 cents. So like why not? Well, the Elder's always rave about them, and Hermana Rutherford and I wanted to try and be cool like the Elders.. So we casually got a few Polar Pops. Holy cow. Being an Elder is way too hard. It is soo hard to finish those things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment