Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The spirit whispered to me in the wind

Letter from Oct 19 (combination of Group and Family emails)

Hello! 

This week was another great week here in Hemet, California. I am currently living in San Jacinto, however. So I'm livin life here in Hemecinto. It's real nice. 

First of all, I think I have the 2 best missionaries in the whole mission as my companions. We have a lot of fun together, but are still able to get work done. It's going to be weird if I ever have a companion that I haven't been with for my whole mission so far. Oh, how about I have been assigned to be the designated driver! Never in my life, had I thought that I would be driving around a small town in California driving a Toyota Corolla. It's a nice car! But it's not the same as driving around a weird green colored little wagon. So if you see a Silver Toyota Corolla, you can imagine me in the car, and then laugh. 


Hermana Babb, Hermana Sager, Hermana Rutherford
So last night, when we went to visit some of our investigators who are living with a member family, they weren't there.. But we were talking to the members for a while, and they love to talk. As soon as we had finished talking to them, Hermana Rutherford said she felt like we needed to go visit another investigator that we haven't worked with in a while. When she said that, my jaw dropped. While standing outside talking to the members, I felt like we should go visit her, Stephanie, as well. So I'm convinced that we both heard a little whisper in the wind. We went to Steph's house, and she was actually there! She thanked us for seeing her again, and invited us back for this week. It was really cool. So, listen for the little whispers that you could be receiving at any time!

It's currently 70 degrees outside. It feels real nice. It's going to be nice for when we go out and do our walking now that it is cooling down. I love walking and talking so much! It's like a game. We have to talk to every one that we see. So sometimes, people are doing something where you can actually start a conversation from. Other times, people are literally just sitting on their porch. Those are the hard conversations to start. Or if people are like in their garage, and you're on the other side of the street. But this week we saw the blessings of really talking to everyone you see! We talked to a significant amount of people in our hour and a half walking time, and found a couple people for ourselves to teach, but then were able to send off 5 referrals for the English missionaries. It was really cool. 

On Friday this last week, we had our Multizone Conference. We had to be at the church at 7, and we left at 4:15. It was a really long meeting, but they fed us lunch so it was fine. And I was able to learn more about what I need to do, so that was also fine. While at this meeting, there is a part where it's like a small devotional. The new missionaries and the outgoing missionaries all bare their testimonies and it's really cool to hear how everyone things. During this devotional, they had the spanish missionaries sing a musical number. So, I sang in front of our little stake of missionaries with 5 other spanish speaking missionaries. It didn't sound all that great, but I hope that people were still able to feel the spirit. We sang "I know that my Redeemer lives." We chose to sing this song because one that everyone can understand the message of through the Holy Ghost. As we sang the last line of the song, my heart started a little fire. "Yo se que vive mi Senor." I can honestly say that I know that Christ lives. I know that he is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. As we continue to put our trust and faith in him, we will find strength and comfort. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart and want to do all that I can to serve him. I want to help others around me to feel his love and strength. 


Multi Zone Conference
The scripture I chose for this week was, Deuteronomy 4:29. 

29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
All we have to do find Christ and God in our lives, is to search for them. Sure, we need to search with full intent of heart and soul to find them, but that is a small and simple request compared to all the things that Heavenly Father and His Son have done for us. I am so grateful for everything that I have received. The gratitude I have drives me to search with full heart and soul. 

I hope you all are having a great October! 
Love,
Hermana Sager

No comments:

Post a Comment