Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Jesucristo es nuestra hope.

Letter from Nov 2 (combination of group and family)

Last night while teaching a lesson in full Spanish, I decided to mix things up a little bit. I was talking about the doctrine of Christ as we read from 2 Nephi 31. I was just talking, and then I said something that didn't seem quite right. I had said something about how Christ is our hope and we can receive strength from him and his teachings. The whole thing was in Spanish except for the word "hope." I didn't even realize it until I was slightly laughed at. It was really funny. 

So how bout the time change? That was nice. It's bright when I wake up now though. And it gets dark at 5:30. So we're going to have to start walking earlier so we can get it in, but then no one will be outside because they're all still working. That's fine. I still know that Heavenly Father will put all the nice people that we need to talk to outside. I still love walking and talking. The other night, when we were walking, there was a whole bunch of children outside. People kept asking us about our "costumes" and we were like... "We have no idea what you're talking about." and then people kept handing us candy and then kids would just ask for it back. It was the strangest night. I guess that's what you get for walking on October 31 after the sun goes down.... (okay so maybe that didn't happen) But Halloween was fun! As missionaries, we weren't allowed to be out past 6:00. So we all went to the church, and were locked in until 9:00. We got it approved to watch a special movie... We were able to watch THE BEST TWO YEARS. It was so great. I was dying. It's so much better as a missionary. And then imagine 23 missionaries all watching it in the church gym. A lot of them hadn't watched a movie in over a year. It was a very funny situation. I loved it so much. It's the greatest movie ever. Watch it for me once more. 

This week I have been reading in 3 Nephi. When reading in chapter 17, I found some cool verses that I learned a lot from. So I would like to share them with you. As Christ is talking to everyone here in the Americas after his resurrection, he tells everyone that they need to go home and think about the things that he has taught them. He then tells them that they need to pray to Heavenly Father to understand the things that he taught, and to prepare their minds to understand more. The people were in tears, as they wanted to stay with Jesus longer. Christ had prayed for all the people while staying with them, and the words that he prayed were not written down. The people said that no eye can see or ear can hear the things that Christ spake unto the Father. It is also described that no tongue can speak or heart can conceive so great and marvelous things. No one can conceive of the joy that the people felt as Christ prayed for them. 

We need to always be praying to Heavenly Father to understand the things that we are reading in the scriptures. We need to pray to have help to understand the things that Heavenly Father wants us to learn. You can do this every single day, but especially before you read the scriptures. You will be able to receive the answers that you need. You can feel of the joy that these people experienced as well. When Christ was suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, he prayed for you. He knows what you need, and wants you to ask Heavenly Father for his help. I know that Christ is our Savior. I know that we can receive strength from him.

I hope you had a great Halloween!
Now that it's November, I think I'm going to buy candy corn, peanuts, and pumpkin pie. 

Love you all!
Hermana Sager

​Here's the view from my church parking lot. If you look super closely,
 then you can see the S on the mountain for Sister Sager. 

No comments:

Post a Comment