Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hemet5ever has been cut short

Letter from Nov 16

Hemet5ever is no more. I'm being transferred! Today, I leave for Lake Elsinore. Saying goodbye to members and investigators was hard yesterday. I don't want to say goodbye to my companions. I have been with Hermana Babb for my whole mission! And Hermana Rutherford is my mission mom. They're both so good and I have learned so much from them. I love everyone I have met here. I'm so excited to just go meet more people in Lake Elsinore. Having to leave Hemet has made me realize how much harder I need to be working. I'm excited for a fresh start in a new area!

When I heard that I was going to be leaving, it made me sad, because we have a lot of investigators that are progressing right now. But the cool part is, is that I will be able to come back for their baptisms! Hermana Rutherford and Babb will be in a trio again with another Hermana who is coming in. I know that they are going to continue working with who we have. Heavenly Father's plan is so perfect in all things. You just need to have the faith to trust in Him! Put all your trust in Him, and He will take care of all the little details.

So this week, we saw a lot of progression with all the people we are working with. Marvin and Karla, a younger couple had finally kept the commitment of reading the Book of Mormon, they've been coming to church, and Marvin really wants to be baptized! We have been working with Lorena for a long time. We finally were able to find some members to come with us to the lessons with her this week, and it was so good! She accepted baptism for December and said she knows that everything we said is true. A man named Jorge has been talking with missionaries since his wife got baptized at the beginning of this year. He finally accepted baptism for January. And the Garcia family that we have been working with all came to church on Sunday, including the dad! It was so awesome. The kids have been preparing to be baptized by the end of this month and the parents should be ready too, if they would have more time to meet with us. So many tender mercies that the Lord has blessed us with for working hard. This week, we had over 10 scheduled lessons fall through. Even though plans changed every single day, we never gave up! I love being able to see the Lord's hand working in the work here when we are simply just being obedient and have a desire to work hard. I am so grateful for all the work we have had here in Hemet. I am so grateful for everything that I have learned and for all the people I have met. I am ready to go and meet new people and help them to understand the importance of the restored gospel. I love doing missionary work.

Also this week, we developed a Ward Mission Plan for next year. Many of the goals involve having more ward activities, and then inviting everyone to all the activities. This is such a simple way to be involved in missionary work. Especially as the holidays are coming up! If your wards are having any activities or even just family activities, invite others to join you! When we spend time together for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it is easier to share your gratitude for the Savior and his teachings. I invite all of you to think and pray about someone that you can invite to some sort of activity the next two months. Share the love that God has for everyone and share your testimonies too! I know that Heavenly Father will help you as you desire to love and serve other people. 

Thank you for all your support and your love! I hope you have a wonderful week as you get all ready for Thanksgiving in the next couple weeks.

Love,
Hermana Sager

When I get Sid's new address  Ill post it here and you can all send her christmas cards!! She would love to hear a little from everyone!! 
This is Marvin and Karla and their kids, Nathan, Alison, and Natalie. They're all so cute! 

This is Chelsey, an investigator, and her cousin Teirsa, who is a member.
They're both so cute! Teirsa was a vending machine for Halloween. 

The blanket that I bought last week is like a cloud. It's so warm and so soft and perfect. I love it.
 It's name is Brad Paisley. B.P. for short. I only took it off of my body maybe 2 times this week. 

This is a picture of here as she arrived in  her new area Lake Elsinore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment