Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happiest New Year ever!

Letter from Jan 4

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and ate a lot of food. I did. I have eaten so many tomales this week. It's perfect.

7 months and 1 day? That's how long I've been out. Feel free to agree with me if you feel that it has not been that long.

Working in a trio again is so fun! I absolutely love it. We are hoping to get more of the Hermanas from the ward to help us this week and transfer so we can do double the work. It's going to be great! We have a lot of investigators who have great potential. We are going to keep working so diligently with setting expectations and really trying to help each person progress. Hermana Vorkink and Rasmussen have been great teachers and examples, and I have already learned so much from them. This transfer is going to be great, and is already off to a wonderful start!

We are expecting the storm "el nino" to be coming in soon. The next 3 days are looking pretty rainy, and so this could finally be the start of el nino! Good thing I have great rain boots. It's going to be so fun walking around in the rain and mud. Maybe people will feel bad for us and let us in their homes. Or the spirit can just bring up those feelings for us and that would be great too.

My shopping list for this week is toothpaste, mascara, eye liner, hand soap, banana chips, milk, bananas, water, granola bars, bread, and a glue stick.

I found a great scripture this week that I really love! It is in 1 Peter 2:21.
 "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:"
Continue to learn about the things that Christ taught and did while he was here on the earth. Read of the miracles he performed and the parables he taught. Learn how his teachings apply to your life and how you can help others to learn of him as well. Christ suffered for us. He loves us. He left a perfect example that we can look to. All we need to do is have the faith to follow his steps. Be faithful, diligent, and follow his steps.

I hope you have the best week ever.
Love

Hermana Sager.
self timer attempt number 3. still not centered, but still super great.
Hermana Sager, Hermana Rasmussen and Hermana Vorkink
A few paragraphs from our family letter, New Year-New Trio!!

So with the New year, I have decided to be more diligent in all things. I need to be working harder, because time is going by so quick. I'm also in a new trio which is helping me with this goal. My companions, Hermana Rasmussen and Hermana Vorkink, are so great! They are really really good missionaries. They are really dedicated and love to work. They are such good examples to me, as they have both been out just over 11 months. I love working with them, and we are a lot a like. It's been a fun and successful first week together, and we're looking forward to the next 5! Then who knows what is going to happen. We wouldn't mind if we were to stay together, but that might be too good to be true. We have been working really hard, and our studies have been more focused. They know exactly why they are serving a mission and I love working with them. I have already learned so much, and I am excited to continue learning. They also speak spanish really well and want to speak it more of the time, so we are transitioning to that. We want to forget english. Entonces, vamos a hablar en espanol aun mas y vamos a olvidar ingles. That would be really cool.

On Saturday, my companions went to Riverside for a leader meeting, and so I spent the morning with some of the English sisters. For that morning, they had planned to do their 1 1/2 of walking. So I went out and I walked with them. We talked to a lot of people and it was great! I love the time we have for walking and talking. Then when my companions came back, we went and did our walking and talking. But we got a lot farther away from our car then planned, and on the way back we talked to a lot of people. So for the day, I walked a total of 3 hours and 45 minutes. It was super great, and I wasn't even tired! Heavenly Father blesses us when we are obedient. In this case, He allowed me to do more than double walking time for the day. I am so grateful for the chance that I had to talk with so many people that day. Heavenly Father had prepared all of them to at least meet us and talk with us. And we were able to find a few that He had prepared which invited us back to their house. People are so nice. And even when they're not, it's still a great experience talking to them and bearing testimony of the simple truths of the gospel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment