Wednesday, January 20, 2016

He is the perfect example!!

Its Sid's Birthday on January 25.  It would be fun to have her receive letters  or cards from all of you.

Hermana Sidney Sager
2088 East Lake Shore Dr #717
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530

Help make her 20th birthday a memorable one!!!!
 

Letter from Jan 18

Hello everyone!

Last week, we had a big training and we learned a lot about repentance. This week, as we have been working on teaching repentance and baptism in every lesson, we have seen improvements! Not only in our companionship, but in the mission as a whole! There have been more progressing investigators, which means more people with an accepted baptismal date and more people coming to church every Sunday. That's so great! How are ways that you can help the missionaries in your area? They should always be looking for ways to have members present in the lessons. Ask 'em about it! As a missionary, if people are asking to help us with the lessons, it's one of the greatest things ever! I know the missionaries already love all of you, no matter who you are or what you are doing. And if you are a missionary, then you keep loving the members and look for ways to help them too.

Last night, I watched 4 short little videos that we have on our phone. Because of Him, Because He Lives, A Savior is Born, and He is the Gift. I love them all! They're all just about 2 minutes. They all testify of the same message: That Jesus Christ was born to save us from our sins and from death. He is the hope and the light of the world, and we can receive peace, guidance, and comfort from following his example and from reaching out to him. He wants to help us, and all we have to do is show our desire and act on our faith in following him. We will all come face to face with him and our Heavenly Father one day, so we need to do all we can on this earth in order to stay in their presence after being judged of our works. I'm grateful for His example.


Hermanas enjoying Guacamole


I went on a hike today. It was lovely. I have scratches all over my arms and legs because we were on a kind of trail. We had to push our way through a whole bunch of bushes that hard and scratchy. But it was fun! Our whole zone went, and it was great. There was one point on the mountain where we would've been able to see the ocean off to the other side, but there were too many clouds. But I imagined the ocean there and it was beautiful. Weird right? I'm just a mountain and some land away from the big old blue. But I have little Lake Elsinore that is more than sufficient. I wish I would've gotten a picture of all of Lake Elsinore when we were at the top. But the only time I could see that view was when we were driving... and I'm the driver. 

This week I read President Monson's talk from the previous general conference, "Be and example and a Light". He's so cute. I love his testimony and how he teaches from the scriptures. I have thought of the many examples that I have looked to in my life and wondered who has looked to me as an example. I am so grateful for the perfect example of our Savior Jesus Christ. As we strive to follow the example of Christ in all things, we can be an example and light to all those who surround us. I encourage you all to read or listen to his talk again, and think of the ways the could be better in being an example and a light. 



Thank you all for being great examples to me. Keep reading those scriptures, praying, and going to church! And everything else in between.

Have a great Martin Luther King Jr. Day! 
Hermana Sager

No comments:

Post a Comment