Thursday, January 14, 2016

Wednesday!!!!

Letter from Wed Jan 13
Hi! It's Wednesday. 

How are you doing? 

I'm doing so great. The work is going well and we are definitely busy!

This week, we had a family come to church with us. They were sitting with us during sacrament meeting, and my heart was so happy. They were singing, and listening, and it was just so cute. The whole time, I was just so happy that they came to church and they are doing what they can to follow our Savior and grow closer to him. During the last hymn of sacrament meeting, I looked back to the corner of the chapel, and one of our other investigators was there who we hadn't had a lesson with this last week because he kept canceling! It was so great, and I almost started crying. I was just trying to stay quiet as I pointed it out to my companions. When people come to church they really develop their own testimony and can feel the power and love of God. I am so grateful to be serving here in Lake Elsinore. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I am grateful for all of you. 

Have the best day ever! 
Hermana Sager
It rained like crazy for almost 3 days straight.
All sorts of miracles happening here in the California Riverside Mission.
Additions from our family letter 



Sorry I forgot to tell you last week that my pday was going to be changed. As soon as we left the computers I remembered. Instead of having it Monday, like normal, we had a big meeting with the South half of the mission. Elder Hamula, one of the 70s, came to our mission. It was so great! I learned a lot about repentance and the plan of salvation, and the gospel in general. I learned a lot about the type of missionary that I need to be and why I am really here. I am here to help others to become clean through the gospel and the atonement, to help them remain in the presence of God after meeting him again. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of the plan of salvation, and am excited to continue learning more. We all have a lot to learn, so it's a good thing we have a lot of time to do it! 


I feel like my spanish is improving every week! This last week I have had a few experiences where I have really seen progress and where I know that I am being helped by the Holy Ghost and the gift of tongues. The other night, I was asked a question, and without even thinking about what I was asked, I was able to spit out an answer! Normally with conversational questions, I still have to slow down and think about what I am going to say back, but my mind just did it for me this time! I don't know. It's hard to explain. But I was grateful for that experience and to recognize the hand of the Lord. Yesterday, I spent the morning with a cute little old couple in our ward. They don't speak any english, or even understand it. It was just me, while my companions were in Riverside for a meeting. But it was so fun! I was able to talk with them and feel comfortable with everything that was being said. I have noticed that conversations are becoming a lot easier, and my companions are helping me with that as well. As we set goals to speak Spanish majority of the time, Heavenly Father is more willing to help us in other situations. I loved spending the morning with one of my other sets of grandparents. They were just called as ward missionaries, and so yesterday was their "training". They are so willing to help when they can and have a sincere desire to strengthen and grow their ward. It was really great to be able to spend time with them yesterday. 



This week I focused on Romans 15:4. It says, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." I really tried to focus more this week on the scripture that I chose, and I learned that this is 100% true. The scriptures have been written for our learning. We can gain hope as we read from the scriptures and read of all the stories of the faith and trials of those in the scriptures. We need to look at the scriptures of a source of patience and comfort. I love the scriptures with all my heart and I have the comfort from them. I know that we can receive patience, comfort, and hope from reading the scriptures. I encourage you all to make scripture reading one of the favorite parts of your day.

I love you all. You're great. 


Love, 
Sid

 My MTC sisters. well, 2 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment