Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Benefits of speaking Spanish.

Letter from Sept 7

So there are a few benefits of speaking Spanish:
1. When people try to get rid of me by saying they don't speak English, I can stick around and still bother them in their language. 
2. I can communicate with more people than I ever could before. 
3. I get a comical relief every time someone finds out that we can speak Spanish. 

I think the thing I like the most is people's reactions. Because if they want to get rid of me, they feel inclined to keep talking because I'm trying so hard to talk to them. I think the fact that I'm in California and I'm speaking Spanish, tells people how important the message is. We really do want to share the message of the restored gospel with everyone. 

So yesterday, when we went to contact a referral, a young man answered the door. He didn't really speak any English, so there was a little boy at the door to translate. But when we started speaking Spanish, and asked for the name we had been given, he was so amazed. After getting his father to come to the door, he just stood there smiling at us. Throughout the 5 minute doorstep conversation, I could see all the family just walking past the door a few times with smiles on their faces. It was so great. They probably thought it was the weirdest thing that two of the whitest people ever are speaking in Spanish pretty well... Well Hermana Rutherford is really good and I just kinda saw stuff that doesn't completely make sense. But I say it so confidently that they have to listen. 

Ah. I love it all so much. 
I hope you're all doing well. You're all my faves. 

Love,
Hermana Sager


She didn't send any pictures this week  so I decided to post a few from before her missin when she was getting ready to go.

Her support back home..Friends at her call opening!
7 of these amazing people are currently serving missions and  one has her call and waiting to go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment