Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"Mom, my angels are here."

Letter from Sept 21

Hi everyone! How are you? Oh okay, good. 

So, this week was a little slow, but still great. Every week as a missionary is great. 

Okay. We've been teaching this lady named Enriqueta. She lives in a rest home and is the sweetest little lady. She says it makes her sad knowing that Christ can't be with her in person, and only in Spirit. She's the sweetest. So we were on splits last night, so it was just me and one of the members from our ward. It was really fun. But we were teaching Enriqueta and she has a roommate that is always talking. She never makes sense, but she is always talking. One time she just kept repeating how she didn't have a heart. Last night, she kept saying that her angels were gone. But of course, since we're teaching, I can't really pay attention to what this little lady is saying. But last night, after she kept repeating that her angels were gone, she looked up at me and Hermana Giron (my member friend) and so I smiled at her, and she goes "Mom, my angels are here." I just kinda sat there and was like... Holy Cow. What does she see? What is she saying? I'm not quite sure what this lady saw, or what she was thinking, but I know that Heavenly Father does send angels to help in the spreading of the gospel. 

I hope you all have the most magnificent day, and the best week. 

Until next week, 
Hermana Sager

A few things from our family letter:

Today is a beautiful day. But tomorrow is an even more beautiful day because I get to go to the Redlands temple. I have been counting down the days for this temple trip for over a month. I cannot wait to go!! I'm so excited! I love the temple so much. Oh, also, when we go to the temple we get lunch. And I've heard that there is a Cafe Rio and a Chick fil a in Redlands. Soooo, temple trips are literally the best things in the world. I'm so excited!

So this week was a little rough. We tried to visit so many people, and no one was home or just wouldn't let us in. No one will even answer our phone calls... not even the members. But it's okay! We still tried to work our hardest every single day. I don't let these things discourage me though. I like being in control of my own thoughts. If I stay positive, then the desire to work hard stays too. And then I can stay happy and have fun. I think this process falls under the category of agency. Y'all probably know this, but agency is one of the gifts that Heavenly Father has given us that is truly ours. He gave it to us, and we get to choose what other gifts we want to work towards or accept. So you all have the ability to choose to be happy every single day. Don't let anything discourage you, because Heavenly Father wants you to be happy. Use the gift that he has given you to work hard and have fun. All day, every day!!

I also found out this week, that I might start tracting this winter! Because of el Nino, that big storm or something, there is going to be a lot of rain, and so no one is going to be outside. On days like that, I will be going door to door, knockin, and talkin to people who most likely won't want to talk to me. I'm so excited. It's gonna be quite an adventure! 

Oh. And I heard that the presidential candidates are Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Kanye West. If this is the truth, then that's slightly terrifying. So please let me know what's going on with this. hahahaha. 



Here's a cheesy picture for you all, because you're all number 1. 

We're matching like Ketchup and Mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment