Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mariposas y misioneros!!

Letter from Sept 12

HELLOOOOO!!!!!

Today I have mariposas in my tummy. Transfer calls happened, and Hermana Brown is leaving me. She goes to Riverside, and I will be here in Corona with a new missionary! I will be training a new missionary, right out of the MTC, full of fire, drive, and desire to baptize. I am so excited to meet her tomorrow after she hops off a plane, sits in meetings for a few hours, and is ready to work.
 I am very excited! I hope to be a great trainer and hope that she starts off her mission with obedience, diligence, desire, and love for everything that we do. I slightly feel that you think you know how to be a missionary, until it's time to teach someone else how to do it. I'm sure she will already be so prepared, and I know that we will further help this area. I will be going back to 4 hours of studies instead of 3 now, so hopefully I don't snack all day in the apartment. pero de todos modos, wish me luck! Or pray. Prayers are more powerful.

Yesterday in Sacrament meeting, we did a musical number. Us two, and the Elders in our ward. The elders are both really musically talented, and So is Hna Brown. And then theres me. I was taugh the harmony part, and we sang a four part musical number, and it actually sounded nice! All the members loved it, and the spirit was very strong. Afterwards, the white musically talented second counselor in the bishopric, told us that the harmonies were perfect all the way through. So now you have a daughter/sister/ friend that sang in Sacrament meeting and actually invited the spirit rather than chasing it away.   Also at church, we taught the gospel principles class. The topic was La Obra Misional, aka, Missionary Work. The lesson went really well and the spirit was so strong. As we taught and testified about the importance of missionary work and why we do it, the spirit confirmed to me that this is the Lords work, and there is no where else he wants me right now. Missionary work is so important because no unclean thing can enter into God's kingdom, and the restored gospel has given us the chance to be clean! Through repentance and baptism performed by the restored priesthood power, we are clean. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored. I know that he is leading and guiding his church today. I know that the power of God to perform miracles and sacred ordinances is on the earth and it is found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. After teaching the lesson, we gave everyone in the class an opportunity to do missionary work and to share their testimony. We brought pens and paper for everyone, and asked them to write their testimonies to share. If they had someone in mind to share it with, then they kept it and will give it out this week. Many didn't have someone to share it with, and if this was the case, we asked to share their testimonies with our investigators. We now have a stack of testimonies that we will be giving to our investigators as we teach them. I am excited to see how the testimonies of the members help the investigators to strengthen their own, and to come to church. I know that we are all missionaries, and we are all working together to help everyone return to Gods presence after this life.

Have the best day ever!
Love,
Hermana Sager


Hermanas Brown and Sager


I guess this is the food Hermana Sager was pointing at in the first pic. Beef Tounge tacos!




No comments:

Post a Comment