Friday, April 15, 2016

Letter from April 11

Hola Amigitos.
You're all great.

One thing that I miss very much about home life, is being able to wear socks and shoes every day if wanted. Girly shoes are just not ideal for all types of everything. Like when it is cold and rainy. But luckily, there was a few days this week when I was able to wear socks and rain boots! It was wonderful! So, don't take advantage of being able to wear socks and shoes.

Since it was raining this week , we were able to go door to door tracting again! Except the areas that we were walking in, had a lot of gates, and a lot were locked or had ferocious dogs. So we went door to door as far as the house protection required.. But it's so fun! It is definitely a lot harder to try to start a normal conversation when you are the one knocking on their door, rather than just starting a conversation as they are out in their yards. But it's great. It makes me think of how I would react if someone where to try and start up a conversation with me at my door. Since I have experienced being on this side, I hope to be a friendly and patient person once I am on the other side. So be nice and friendly when people knock on the door, it makes them happy.

This week, we visited a family who was baptized in December! They have such a desire to keep the commandments and continue learning. The Hermana told us a story that went like this. Last weekend for conference, they were at home watching it on tv. A friend of the Hermana had come over and wanted to take them out to eat and have fun. The two little boys, 11 and 9, quickly told their mom about how they need to keep the Sabbath Day holy, every week, and how they could not go out with this friend. The mom was surprised, but then grateful that her boys are willing to stand up for what they know to be true, and help others to remember it too. They are a great little family and I love them. We talked more about our purpose here on earth, and how we continually need to learn of the gospel to prepare ourselves to stay in God's presence. Don't let anything get in the way of you and your ability to keep the Lords commandments. Stand up for what you know, and love what you do. Live the gospel and remember the atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ.

We had exchanges this week with our Sister Training Leaders. Hermana Burris, from the MTC, is one of ours, and I was lucky enough to spend the day with her! I had only seen her twice since the MTC because she has been in the North side of the mission. But spending the day with her was so fun! I went to Moreno Valley for the day. While there, I had Chick fil a, and then a Tenorito for dinner. A tenorito is a burrito that has been wrapped in bacon and fried, made by the Tenorio family. It was so wonderful, that I think they should open up a shop and sell Tenoritos for the rest of their lives. If I ever serve in Moreno Valley, I will greatly look forward to the days when I get to have a tenorito again. But until then, I will continue to enjoy the food that all the lovely Hermanas are giving us here. Anyways, Moreno Valley is great, Hermana Burris is great. But I know that I am supposed to be serving her in cute little Perris, with the wonderful, beautiful, intelligent Hermana Visick! She is a great missionary.


I saw a youtube video this week that I guess has made it pretty big! One of the members showed it to us, after we had heard a sufficient amount about it. Those two boys singing a missionary parody to Adelles song? We had heard that it was getting a lot of views and then it made it on Fox News! It wouldn't be such a big deal in our little realm of missionaries here... But the tall one who is singing the entire time is my Zone Leaders Brother! So, whenever we see him, he slips his line "My brother is famous" anywhere possible. I love that this little video is getting so many views and is on the news. It is a great way to share a simple testimony and let some other people know a little bit more about the work that we do!   

Click here to watch the video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckLqfX62u_I


Thank you for your love and support. You are some of my favorite people on earth, and I wish you the best in everything you do. Love you! 

Hermana Sager

Hermana Sager with Hermana Burris, Hermana Visick and Hermana Jordan

Soup from Sizzlers on a rainy day without someone to feed us.


Summer hasn't even started, and we've already been working on our tans

​4th jar of peanut butter in 10 months 

No comments:

Post a Comment