Wednesday, February 17, 2016

New friends!

Letter from Feb 16

So I had said that I'm serving in Menifee, but it's actually Perris! I'm in the Menifee stake and zone, but all of my area is in Perris.There are many, many missionaries in our zone here. It's fun. There are 3 districts. My district is the 3 sets of missionaries that are all in the same ward, which means we all speak spanish, so it makes it really fun! Spanish is fun. I love it so much. The only thing that I don't love so much is that it takes about 25 minutes to drive to the stake center for our district meetings. It takes us longer to get to this building than it did when we were in Lake Elsinore. But that's okay. I love it here.

By the way, working with Hermana Visick is as fun as I thought it would be. She's a great missionary. It's so fun to see how we've really grown from being in the MTC together! 

This week I made a lot of new friends! As we did our hour and a half of walking and talking every day this week, we were able to talk to a lot of people. There are so many hispanics in this area, and they are all very nice. We were able to meet 76 new people this week and quite a few of them have said that we could come back! We are now just searching for the time to visit all of them that have allowed us back. We are so so grateful to have talked to so many people, and plan to do the same this next week. As a mission, we have a goal to talk to at least 65 new people every week. It's so fun talking to so many new people, and being able to remember who was who and how interested they really are. I love it! I love talking with everyone.

This week, a 16 year old boy named Christian was baptized. His family was baptized in December, and so now they are one step closer to becoming an eternal family! They still have a few things to put together to being able to do so, but I know that it will happen. They're great.

I also found out today that Marvin, the investigator that we were working with in Hemet, got married!! This means that he is closer to baptism!! So so exciting. Great news. I love seeing people progress and seeing how the decisions they make really do bless their lives. This gospel is so great, and everyone needs to learn more about it and how they can live with their families, Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ for eternity.

I found a scripture that I really like this week. It's in Doctrine and Covenants 121:43.
 "Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;"  
I know that when we feel we have been reproved, or set back, or called to repentance by the scriptures or teachings of the prophets, that we are able to stronger feel the love of our Heavenly Father. Things are taught in the gospel simply and sharply, so that we can understand how we can live the commandments Heavenly Father has given us. I know that we can feel His love when we are striving to live His commandments. I'm so grateful for the scriptures and for being able to feel the love and comfort through the Holy Ghost.

I hope you had a great Valentimes day, and a better Presidents day.
Have the best day ever.
Love,

Hermana Sager
Hermana Sager and Hermana Visick with Christian and Family 

No comments:

Post a Comment