Thursday, November 10, 2016

Livin the vida loca!!

Letter from Nov 7

Buenas!


HOLY COW! Halloween was only this last week. Crazy. It feels like it was like 3 weeks ago. How was your halloween? Mine was great. I almost beat all the elders in our zone at a game of Lightening. But the kind where you can come back in if the person who gets you out gets out. Revenge? Is that what it's called? Not sure. BUT I ALMOST BEAT THEM ALL! There was maybe 12 of us playing. That shows you either how good I've gotten at shooting with a mens ball, or how bad all the elders are at basketball in this zone. Or both. It was really fun! We also played Ultimate Frisbee. It feels so good to run again. So then, Hna HS and I started running every other morning for exercise. It's nice. But on Halloween, I did all this running and beating elders with my crocs. It was awesome.

This week I tried Menudo. I TRIED MENUDO! Willingly. All other missionaries are afraid of menduo, or have tried it and think it's really gross. My entire mission I have been dying to try it. We told an Hermana about my desire, and she surprised us last week at church with a tupper ware of menudo! So, this week for lunch, when I was feelin brave, we heated it up, and ate some. I only had a little bit, but I tried it! What is it? It's a soup made with little corn things and cow stomach. So I heated up my tortilla and had it there to help me if I needed to bypass the texture. Surprisingly, the texture wasn't all that bad! The flavor on the other hand, wasn't my favorite. But I tried it! I would suggest it to anyone feeling brave. I don't know where you'll only find a little to try though. Good luck.

Today I was reading in 3 Nephi 1, and something stood out to me that I've never paid much attention to before. This is after Samuel the Lamanite had prophesied of Christ's birth, and the people were starting to get impatient. The bad people started making fun of the believers, and contention and crazy started happening. Nefi was really worried for the people, and prayed for help to know how to guide and help them. As Nefi was praying all day with great faith, the voice of the Lord came to him and said,  "13 Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given,and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.
 14 Behold, I come unto my own, to fulfil all things which I have made known unto the children of men from the foundation of the world, and to do the will, both of the Father and of the Son—of the Father because of me, and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand, and this night shall the sign be given."

Jesus Christ told Nefi to continue faithful and not give up. Jesus Christ told him that he would be coming to earth the next day. How cool! Jesus Christ himself, told him that he would be coming the next day. When the sign of his birth came that night, they knew it was true. I know that if we have the faith to receive answers to our prayers, then we will. I know that Jesus Christ was born to be the Savior of the world and that he set the perfect example of how we should live.

Have the best day ever!

Love,

Hermana Sager

Happy Halloween!

Menudoooo

Last year, at this time. Hna Babb and I were saying goodbye to Raffer as she left our trio for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment