Wednesday, July 20, 2016

I got to go back to Perris to see Zaid's baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letter from July 18

Buenas tardes!

A couple days ago, we were walking down the street and we saw a really big squirrel. He was so cute. He ran towards a tree as we got closer. As we continued to come closer, he ran behind the tree and would poke his head out from one side, and then the other. He was a friendly little guy. It's too bad we didn't bother to ask his name. As I stood on one side, Hna Brown went around to the other. With one quick sudden movement towards the tree from Hna Brown, I hear, "TOUCHED A SQUIRREL!"  It was possibly one of the funniest statements I had heard all week, and I have been saying it for the past few days. It applies to many situations.

Last Monday, we had an appointment with some new investigators we found the week before. When we showed up, and they weren't there, we started walking away from the apartment. As doing so, a man quickly walks by chasing after his kid who is learning how to ride a bike. We said hello and tried to start a conversation, but he just kind of ignored us and kept chasing after his kid. We had a feeling that we couldn't turn around and walk away. We walked down that row of apartment buildings to see if he would turn around so we could talk to him. We felt slightly like we were following him and felt a little creepy. But as we got half way down, another man came out one of the doors. We started talking to him about his kids that were running around and playing outside. He was busy making sure the kids didn't run away, and wasn't super paying attention to what we had to say, and so we went back to feeling a little uncomfortable. But we had a feeling that we couldn't walk away. As we continued talking to this man, a woman walks out of her apartment and invited us into her home after introducing ourselves. She said she went to our church when she was younger  but was never baptized and she loves everything that we teach. We brought up the Book of Mormon and had an extra copy with us. She was so excited when we gave it to her and invited her to read it. We had a feeling that we couldn't walk away, and she had a strange feeling to go outside her apartment after saying she rarely ever goes outside. God led us to find Kenia knowing that she is prepared to learn about and receive the restored gospel. We hope to continue working with her and help her prepare for baptism. I know that as we work diligently, Heavenly Father will show us who he has prepared! I love missionary work!

Yesterday, I got to go back to Perris to see Zaid's baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was wonderful. I loved going back and seeing everyone again. As soon as I walked down the hall, I saw Zaid and all my old companions! It was great. They were all so excited, I was so excited. It was so exciting. Zaid was more than happy. Just by looking at him, you could tell that he has changed. He was singing the hymns, he was smiling, he was ready to be baptized and make a covenant with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. When they stepped into the water, the hno baptizing him very forcefully pulled the back of his jumpsuit to make sure he went in the water, and Zaid didn't even plug his nose. It was the most ungraceful, sacred ordinance I've ever witnessed. Bishop then said that it had to happen again because it wasn't said correctly, and Zaid was forcefully pulled into the water with an open nose for the second time. When asking him afterwards how he felt, he said, "I am so happy. I know this decision is one of the best I've ever made, and you had a big part in helping me make it." Sincerely and simply, he bore testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel. He knows that Christ is his Savior and that through promises and covenants, he can receive more blessings and happiness. All of us are hoping that his parents will soon make the decision and follow the example of their son, as he is following the example of our Savior. I know the priesthood has been restored. I know that baptism opens up the door to Gods kingdom, and that as we keep the commandments diligently, we will be able to help others make the steps to enter into it. Zaid is happy. I am happy. I know that obedience to gospel principles brings happiness.

My scripture of the week this week as been in 2 Nefi 4:34-35:
 "34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

 35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss;therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold,my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen."

Have the best day ever!
Love,
Hermana Sager

​ZAID! and all my old companions.


Zaid, over in Perris, got baptized, and I was blessed to go back! He's so happy and knows that his life is going to change for the better in every aspect. I'M SO GLAD HE FINALLY MADE THE DECISION TO BE BAPTIZED!!

The man selling helote (corn on a stick with mayo, cheese, nacho chees, and chili) gave us some for free!

​Our Zone! My favorite is the elder in between the Mullens. hehe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment